Q.- Can mattress cleaning cure my allergy?
A.- No, it doesn’t offer any cure, but it will help to reduce the severity and frequency of allergies. Many of our customers have found that their particular allergy disappears altogether and in the case of asthmatics, about 85% of sufferers are allergic to House Dust Mite droppings, so the chances of us helping an asthma sufferer is very high. You should however, always seek the advice of your healthcare professional for any allergy related symptoms.
Q.- How often should a mattress be cleaned?
A.- Dust mites thrive on the skin flakes we shed every night. The recommended service interval should be no longer than six months.
Q.- Why can’t I just vacuum my own mattress?
A.- Traditional household or commercial vacuums do not have the power to remove the highly resilient dust mites and other harmful debris that are deeply embedded in the mattress. And, they do not utilise the all important germ killing UV-C light, the key to effective disinfection.
Q.- How long does the cleaning process take?
A.- It depends on the size of mattress, but between 15-20 minutes for a single mattress and about 30 minutes for a double mattress
Q.- Is it cheaper to clean more than one mattress?
A.- Yes. Discuss the pricing options with your HYGIENitise Operator as discounts apply for multiple mattress cleaning.
Q.- How long after you’ve finished do we have to wait before we can make the bed and go to sleep?
A.- You only need to wait for the plant based spray we mist the bed with to evaporate off. So about 10-15 minutes. You can then make the bed and go straight to sleep. You don’t even need to air the room unless you want to.
Q.- Is there any mess after you finish?
A.- No. We make no mess and leave the room exactly how we found it. All you will have to do is to make the bed when we leave.
Q.- What’s in you spray and what does it do?
A.- The spray is made from a totally renewable source, plants and minerals. There are no chemicals in it and it is non-toxic and non hazardous. It is a highly effective deodorizing and sanitising spray that neutralises and renders harmless the allergens created by dust mites. It is suitable for carpets, bedding, mattresses and upholstery.
Q.- How old does a mattress have to be before it is worthwhile cleaning it?
A.- We have found that a new mattress, if used on a regular basis, would benefit from a clean after about 6 months use.
Q.- Can an old mattress be cleaned effectively?
A.- Yes, most definitely. Mattresses that are old will have much higher levels of dust mites and droppings, dead skin, fungal spores, bacteria and germs. This will also apply to hand me down ones as well. Our process is extremely effective and will make them clean and fresh again.
Q.- Do protective mattress covers work?
A.- There have been studies that show them not to work effectively. Also, from our experience, whenever we have tested a mattress with a protective cover, the mattress has always tested positive for contamination. However, if you have got them already or you are intending to buy some, then only use them on a brand new mattress or one that has just been cleaned and sterilised by us. If you don’t, all you are doing is incubating the mould, bacteria and fungus that is already present.
Q.- Is there a dust mite season, as with pollen or moulds? Are the summer months tougher on people with dust mite allergies because of the higher humidity?
A.- The dust mite season is actually quite erratic. It may be higher in the summer in many climates because of the warmth and higher humidity. But people who are sensitive to dust mites often will have symptoms all year-round. And in the winter time, when people spend more time indoors and keep windows and doors closed, dust mite particles are often still in the house, and they still can be a problem.
Q.- Can exposure to dust mites actually cause the sensitivity, or are you just born allergic to dust mites?
A.- The main area of concern is in very young children growing up in environments where there’s high dust mite exposure — or other types of allergen exposure. There is some evidence that if an infant or a young child grows up where there’s a high exposure to sensitising substances, he or she will be more likely to develop allergy problems, asthma or both.